Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pageant craziness!

Pageants. Whenever I hear the word, I always think of the Miss American, Miss USA or the Miss Universe pageants. The ones where the girls are skinny amazons who spend all their time going to school and doing good deeds. I'm sure they are wonderful people but most of American women are not a size 2! It gets a little depressing sometimes!

I'm very comfortable with myself being the size that I am. I'm definitely on the curvy side; you're typical hourglass figure. But honestly, those pageants are not geared to us! I've doing research the last several years off and on and have found that there are some very good "Plus Size" pageants out there. There are also pageants that have a plus size division. The U.S. United pageant is one of them and I'm very excited to be doing that pageant in July 2010. The plus size division is called the Elegant Ms division and is open to women 18 and older, 14W and up. Talk about excited when I came across that! The pageant is considered "at large" for the state pageant which means that you just sign up to represent the state you want and you actually compete on the national level. The national pageant is being held in Atlanta, July 9-11, 2010.

I'll keep you updated on the goings on of the preparation! Any suggestions?? Email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment